Thursday 20 January 2011

DJ/Producer Highlight: Balboa


This is Balboa, He's a DJ/Producer from Bournemouth and he's sick with it.

He gave us a little interview..read on innit ;) 

Q. So where did the name Balboa come from?
A. The name comes from "Rocky Balboa", throughout the whole rocky series he changed his style to suite the fight circumstances and I try to do the same with my music. Also he never stopped trying until he reached his goals, and thats exactly what I intend to do.

Q. What got you into Dubstep?
A. Was my mate Badger (Dubstep DJ) who challenged me to make a banging Dubstep track. I sat down and soon found myself loving the sounds and endless limits to the genre.

Q. How long have you been producing for?
A. I started making tunes when I was 17, doing some crazy Hip-Hop beats etc. But I have been making Dubstep now for about a year and half. Still learning new stuff everyday!

Q. Top 5 Dubstep Tracks?
A. If I had my way i'd choose 5 of mine but I aint like dat...so heres my top 5 by other artists!

5. Nero - This Way
4. DJ Hoax - Zion
3. Blackheart - Dum Dumz (HD4000 RMX)
2. Wu-Tang - Pencil/MyPiano/Firehouse (Soroka Remixes)
1. Rusko - Love Is Real

Looking back at that top 5....talk about a random bunch of tunes!

Q. Any big plans in the pipeline?
A. Planning on at last dropping an E.P in the next few months "Let Me See Your Bass Face".

Q. What software/hardware are you workin with in the studio?
A. Logic Pro, with Ableton Live 8 + Reason 4 wired in, shit load of VSTs, Korg MicroKorg, and Mackie MR5 Studio Monitors.

Q. Anyone you wanna shout out?

Big ups to Rood.FM, Filthcabin.com, One-Two Records, Subvandals, Bournemouth Crew, and everyone else who is supporting me!

If you want to book me for a show, please contact me at -
E - balboamusic@hotmail.com

For more info check out -
FB - http://www.facebook.com/balboa.dubstepbournemouth
SC - http://soundcloud.com/balboamusic

Well Now I guess you wanna hear suttin from him innit??

Balboa - Bumpy Night by RubaDubstep

Jamie Woon - In The Night Air (Balboa Dubstep Remix) by balboamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment