Tuesday 1 June 2010

DJ/Producer Highlight: Nachos




This weeks Producer/DJ Highlight originally born in Romania and now representing Dubstep from Canterbury. Going by the name of Nachos he DJ's and produces Dubstep and has played in clubs all over the world. We asked him to tell us a bit about himself...see below to see what he said.

"Born in Timisoara, Romania, in 1988, I’ve lived most of my life over there. I Started throwing hardcore/rock parties when I was 14 then progressed to DnB parties when I was 16. I left the country to study and started mixing seriously a little over three years ago in the US when I purchased my first DJ console, a Behringer BDJ 2000, and started throwing parties. I have mixed in the US at various parties and in Romania, my native country at local DnB Sessions on 100FM, a local radio station and in two local clubs, Metal Box and Jazz.

I arrived in the UK in September 2007 and I have tried to mix in some clubs but I was always too lazy to record a demo, so I started by holding outrageous parties in my university campus, Canterbury Christchurch University. After I got banned for throwing parties that had more than 150 people in student accommodations, I decided that it was time to take the next step and finally recorded a demo. Of course, the first demo wasn't any good so I never sent it off, but I didn't need to because I have gained reputation from the parties and my friends suggested I start a regular thing, so I sorted out a Romanian Night in The Loft, one of Canterbury's clubs. The night was a complete success, with 60 of us being thrown out after the club shut down because we wouldn't leave. After this night I said, ok, now I’m going to dedicate my time to actually doing something cool, so I finally finished the demo I wanted to send out. ...and I did. A week later, I received a call from the Music Manager of Alberry's, the DnB club of Canterbury, calling me for a test. I went, it went ok, everybody was happy and I got called again and again and again....
Since then I have progressed a lot with my DJ and production skills, I am currently member or organizations/promotion groups such as, Bass-Ment Drum ’N’ Bass & Dubstep, Corrupted Dj's, Fiday Deadly Sins and holding my own nights,the Invigor8 Nights as well as having my own promotion group called Trend Sound, aimed at promoting young artists that compose/sing/mix good music.

My sets and nights consist of styles that I play, including but not limited to:
RnB/Hip-Hop/UK Funky/Funky House/Electro House/Club House/House(all styles)/Dance/Pop/Urban/Dubstep/Drum and Bass/Mash-ups/Indie/Rock
My mixing skills rely on doing 2-3-4 deck mixes, mostly cd, but I can play vinyl if requested for DnB nights. These skills have been confirmed by various DJ competitions that i've entered in, and winning "The Battle of the Student DJ’s" competition, but the biggest one was King of The Decks DJ Competition in which I was the regional winner for the Urban category(rnb/hip-hop/house/dubstep).

I am currently a DJ in most of the major clubs in Canterbury, while being a full-time DJ and hosting my own nights in Alberry’s, Canterbury and playing there almost everyday.

During my club ventures I have played alongside artists such as: Aphrodite, Nicky Blackmarket, Simon 'Bassline' Smith, Slipmatt, Billy Bunter, Erb 'N' Dub, Dub Zero, Nicole Jane, 3rus TRG and others.

My current projects involve more than just mixing and promoting, I currently produce tracks and mash-ups for radio shows or other artists, create flyers/posters for events and also intros/outros/dj tools etc"

So there you have it an introduction to the man Nachos - He's definitely putting the work in..Come back tomorrow to find out more...Till then enjoy the mix and check out his Myspace/Soundcloud etc below.

Listen to a 10 minute mix
A little mix by Nachos of his own tracks

Nachos 10 Min Mix

Links

Facebook
Myspace
Soundcloud
Hi5

No comments:

Post a Comment